Maskblog

A weblog about female masks, and the things that people get up to with them. You KNOW what I mean.

8.6.03

Question: Where the hell is everybody, and what are they doing? And by that I don't just mean the complete lack of updates on the web recently. I mean, where is everybody? Where are all the maskers?

Y'see, personally, I've never been 'into' actual masking. It's a combination of knowing just what I'd look like (it wouldn't be pretty) and the general awkwardness of the situation. It's always been a lot easier for me to fantasise. However, I know there's plenty of you out there who are into masking. And my question is still there: where are you? Given how many hundreds, perhaps thousands of masks must have been sold by people like Kerry and Maskworld, I'm just wondering where they all go. Into some weird landfill everywhere?

The question is basically this - don't you want to show off? Look good? Show the world your masked face? And while you're doing it... have you not thought of doing anything, y'know, interesting in your masking shots? I've seen soooo many shots of people standing in front of their self-timers primped and posed. I've seen more than I can count. But how many unmasking sequences have I seen? Maybe four or five. How many transformation sequences? How many mask-on-mask scenes? C'mon, where's your imagination, people....

I've banged on about this before but it drives me kinda nuts. With today's technology - digital cameras, Photoshop, the web - you can all be small stars. And that way I wouldn't spend every other update saying "Well, Kitty added three photos" and thinking "Where the heck are all the other Kitties in this world?"

I tell you what. I'm making an open invite here. If you like in the UK - or Ireland or even Europe, for God's sake - you're a masker, and you're interested in doing something different and interesting on the web, then please, please contact me. I'll come to you and be your photographer, your web designer, your PR guy, heck your goddamn agent. I'm just so desperate for someone to do something interesting on the web in this fetish. You could be that interesting person!

I know you're shy. So am I! But, duh, that's the point of wearing the mask. Something really special could be done, I swear it. All I need is one interested masker, a camera, some webspace and we'd be there. C'mon. Let's do something interesting, for everyone, everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home